Friday 17 July 2015

Bruno Iwoha Goes Blind Battling with Diabetes


Another Nollywood actor needs
help urgently to restore his sight. Last
Tuesday 14th of July, veteran actor
Bruno Iwuoha was a guest on the
Brekete Family Program on 104.5FM in
Abuja. And while on air, he opened up
about his current battle with diabetes/
glaucoma.
According to the talented actor, he never
knew he had diabetes until a violent
armed robbery attack that landed him in
hospital. A series of test carried out on
him revealed that he has diabetes and
since then he has been managing it until
the condition affected his sight.
His words:
He said he got to know that
“I’ve gone to so many places; within
the country, outside the country for
treatment, until finally…finally, the
thing [diabetes] claimed one of my
sight. As I look at you now, I’m using
only one sight. They call that
glaucoma. And gradually, it’s affecting
the other one [eye]. So, naim make,
apart from places…the people who call
me atimes, both the little cash they
can give me…drugs and all that…but I
discovered that this thing [the illness]
is a lifetime something.
And it has robbed me of the job
[acting]. And now, if I get a script, it
will be hard for me to read it very
well. And if I read it, if I strain my
eyes for so long, it would look as if
someone would lead me around the
house or anywhere I want to go
because it will affect the only one
[eye]. So that’s my problem.”
The actor said he needs the help of
kind-hearted Nigerians because he
has been referred to a US-based
hospital where he is required to have
N3.5million. So far he has about
N200,000.

#Sourced from naigaparrot

No comments:

Post a Comment